The City of Blair’s South Bypass project is tentatively scheduled to begin on Monday, January 9, 2023. Note, construction schedules and operations are subject to change based on weather and site conditions. The project consists of three major phases to be constructed over the following timeframes:
- Phase 1 – Earthwork, Grading, and Box Culvert Work – January 2023 to August 2023
- Site clearing and grubbing throughout the project site.
- Earthwork and grading operations throughout the project site.
- Box culvert construction.
- Phase 2 – Hwy 30, Hwy 75, Bridgeview Drive, and Co. Rd. P35 – April 2023 to June 2024
- Construction of right turn lane and intersection improvements at Hwy 30 with traffic signals. Includes storm sewer construction across Hwy 30 and along north side of Hollow Rd., as well as reconstruction of the trail at the SW corner.
- Construction of the intersection approach at Hwy 75 and Bypass paving from Hwy 75 to Co. Rd. P35.
- Reconstruction of Bridgeview Drive and Co. Rd. P35, as well as private drives.
- Phase 3 – South Bypass Paving – August 2023 to August 2024
- Storm sewer construction and street/trail paving from Hwy 30 to Co. Rd. P35
- Finish grading and cleanup.
Below is a brief overview of what to expect during construction:
- Temporary lane closures along Hwy 30 and Hwy 75 with one lane of traffic in both directions maintained at all times.
- Closure of Co. Rd. P35 and Bridgeview Drive with detouring of traffic along designated route.
- Residents and property owners with impacted driveway access will be notified prior to restricting and or detouring for access.
- Access to businesses north of Hollow Road shall be provided at all times by phasing construction in a manner to maintain access.
- Pedestrian/bicyclist access along the trail on the west side of Hwy 30 will be maintained at all times.